ICONICS Hyper Historian is a very high speed, reliable and robust industrial plant wide historian solution designed for mission critical applications. It takes full advantage of the latest 64-bit, .NET-based computing technologies and numerous performance features including full utilization of multi-core hardware. Hyper Historian is the first plant historian to be compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, Certified for Microsoft Windows Server 2008, and include tight integration with SQL Server 2012. The software also fully leverages OPC Classic and OPC-UA communication standards, as well as a wide variety of other protocols for connecting to users existing infrastructure.
“The Plant Process Historian is used by the chemical and process industries to perform deep historization with slices of contextual data that enable plants to pro-actively manage and optimize production, maintenance and energy consumption, while simultaneously preventing potential environmental and safety issues before problems occur,” according to Craig Resnick, Vice President of Consulting at ARC Advisory Group. “However, for a historian to achieve today’s chemical and process industries requirements, it must have redundancy capabilities, provide connectivity from the plant floor to the enterprise, have the tools to calculate sophisticated application-specific performance algorithms, and have extremely high recording performance, all functionality that ICONICS Hyper Historian V10.7 has been proven to achieve.”
Hyper Historian version 10.7 offers the following new enhancements:
• Mission Critical Redundancy - Hyper Historian has supported redundancy at all levels including redundancy of multiple distributed collectors, redundancy of multiple distributed loggers, and redundancy of multiple OPC/OPC-UA interfaces. Release 10.7 adds:
o Redundancy of the OPC-UA HDA Interface- Third party and customer applications accessing historical data via the HDA interface will now failover to active loggers
• Performance Calculations - The extensive performance calculation capabilities can now be configured to execute on redundant platforms.
• Remote Collector Datasets - Collectors can now collect and merge entire datasets from devices. (for example, polling for entire register tables from PLCs that are maintaining their own trend logs, or well site rtu data logs)
The above enhancements add to the already extensive capability that includes:
• Archives and Compresses Data at +100,000 Values/Sec.
• Web-enabled Configuration and Administration
• Rich 2D and 3D Real-time Charts, Trends, Grids
• Remote Collectors with Store and Forward Technology
• Integrated Redundant Architecture
• Unattended Data Archiving and Backup
• Real-time and Historical Data Replay
• Performance Calculation Engine for Advanced Analysis
• Diagnostic Data Tracing with Event Logs
• MergeWorX Historical Data Integration
• Extensible SQL Query Language
Hyper Historian is being used today for process data historian applications in industrial and utility applications throughout the world, including oil and gas, chemical, pharmaceutical and more.
Download the Word .doc format of this press release HERE
ICONICS Background Information
ICONICS, a Microsoft award winning, Gold Certified Partner of the Year, provides solutions to improve productivity, reduce integration time and operating costs and optimize asset utilization with visualization and automation software. Founded in 1986, ICONICS has 250,000 installations in over 60 countries worldwide. ICONICS meets the demanding application challenges of the automotive, building automation, food and beverage, government infrastructure, manufacturing, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, renewable energy, utilities and water/wastewater industries. As a managed Microsoft ISV Partner, ICONICS designs its solutions to leverage Microsoft technologies, including multiple Windows platforms (including Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008), Microsoft .NET, Silverlight, SQL and SharePoint Portal Server. ICONICS is the honored recipient of multiple Microsoft awards and achievements.
© 2012 ICONICS, Inc. All rights reserved. GENESIS64, GENESIS32, Pocket GENESIS, Hyper Historian, BizViz and their respective modules, OPC-To-The-Core, and Visualize Your Enterprise are trademarks of ICONICS Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.