ICONICS is seeking application/automation engineers to design and implement automation projects. As an Applications Engineer you will be designing and implementing major automation systems. Automation systems will include extremely large commercial building automation systems, energy management systems, and potentially process and infrastructure monitoring systems. In your role, you will be involved in the integration of large and diverse types of commercial and industrial equipment and sensors, as well as customer databases and IT applications. You will be contributing to the organization and analysis of monitored data, and will be designing critical graphical dashboards, reports, alerts and workflows based on such data.
ICONICS is a managed Microsoft Partner, and has numerous awards for bringing the latest Microsoft technology to the benefit of automation applications. Consequently any Microsoft certifications, such as communications, databases, administration or Azure Cloud, are considered positively.
In this position, you will be implementing projects for our most important customers. You are expected to be of the highest professional integrity and be the person that the customer can rely on for high quality engineering and applications utilizing their ICONICS software. You may working on multiple projects and will be relied upon to assure customer expectations are met. You will become familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering major
- 1+ years’ experience with Automation Software deployment (BMS or BAS or SCADA or DCS system experience)
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Software and Operating Systems
- Exposure to databases and SQL programming
- 15-30% travel required (may include international and weekend travel)
- Comfortable with customer facing activities
- Prior achievement of, or ability to acquire Federal Security Credentials and Clearances
Additional Skills considered a plus
- Artistic skills, GUI design, and web design a plus
- Scripting knowledge for VBA, VB, VB.NET, Jscript.NET, or C#
- Experience with OPC, BACnet, Modbus, SNMP, or IOT protocols
- Experience with web services
- Experience deploying cloud based solutions in Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
Washington, DC Metro Area